http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." Bill Nicholson. SPURS

Google

Monday, June 06, 2005

Robinson ready to sign.

From the offical site:

Paul Robinson was back at Spurs Lodge for treatment this afternoon and revealed the news all Spurs fans want to hear — he’s set to sign a new long-term contract.


Legend


The England international goalkeeper popped into the training ground to work on the knee injury that ruled him out for the last couple of games of last season.


While he acknowledged disappointment about Frank Arnesen’s suspension, Paul had the following to say: “Frank’s good at dealing with players, bringing players in and helping to build the squad and then it has been Martin Jol who has got us to where we are now on the pitch.


“Martin’s a great coach, a very strong man and a very strong character. He and Chris Hughton make a good team and you’ve seen the results this season. It’s been a positive season for us.


“In football clubs you see individuals come and go but we have to move on. As players, we have to get on with our jobs and that’s to go out and win as many games as possible.”


Robbo then revealed the latest on his new deal. “I’ve been in negotiations for a few weeks with the Chairman and we’re just about there.


“It’s a long-term contract that will keep me here for a few years. It’s a commitment but one I’m happy to do and something I’ve looked to do since the chairman first spoke to me about signing a new deal.


“There has never been any doubt on my part that this is where I want to be. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my first year here and I hope to have many more.


“The fans can see that I care and I want to win. When I joined it was all about going to a club that wanted me, a club I wanted to go to to achieve things and prove things to people.


“The Chairman showed his commitment to me by signing me in the first place and by signing this new deal I’m repaying that faith.


“If we continue what we started last year we’ll be going places — it’s up to us to do that now. We’ve given everyone hope but we can’t rest on our laurels, we have to work even harder next season.”

This is fantastic news all round as, in my opinion, is one of if not the best keepers in the Premiership.

One word:

LOYALTY! Nuff said.

COYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home